Buy Video Hoster One - 1 Install for $99.99!($50 OFF)
Enter Coupon Code HosterOne13
Video Hoster - 2 Installs for $199.99!($30 OFF)
Enter Coupon Code VHoster2013
Emergency Help - Move MTU Software to Another Computer
Why & How To Move MTU Software To Another Computer
If your installed MTU software is a removable version or higher, without any help from MTU, you can free your RegCode to install on another computer.
Some valid reasons to move are:
- You buy a new computer, try to install the software and see the "already installed on 2 (or 1) computers".
- Your computer:
- Is acting badly and you believe it will soon fail.
- Needs Windows re-installed to clear up problems or remove a virus.
- Needs new hardware or drives
- You stop using the computer.
- You sell the computer (MTU software licenses cannot be re-sold).
- Note: If you need to run on more computers, please order another copy.
Follow these steps:
- Connect your computer on-line to the Internet.
- Run the MTU installation program for that product (named [product]xxxsetup.exe where xxx is the version).
- When a screen appears with Update and Remove selections, click Remove.
- Allow the install program access through any fire wall, Zonealarm, etc. so it can talk with the mtu.com site
- Approve all screens and finally click the Finish button in the last screen.
- You have now registered that the MTU product is removed from this computer, which allows you to install it on another computer.
Software Removable Versions
The version numbers below (and higher number versions) allow removing from a working computer and installing on another computer without asking MTU to reset your RegCode.
If your software is a lower version number (ex: Hoster 3.321), please upgrade to the current version so you can move it any time you want.
Note: Save the download installation file to your hard drive, then run it to install the software. Burn this installation file to a CDROM so you have it in the future.
If You Ordered or Upgraded More Than 12 Months Ago...
There are two ways to see if you can install the latest version:
- Download and Install the Latest Version:
- If the Install Date is within the 12 month upgrade period, it will install.
- If the Install Date (in the product Download page) is beyond the 12 months upgrade period for the RegCode you entered, a web page appears where you can order the upgrade for that RegCode. Once your credit card is approved, you can instantly install any version, including the latest.
- Log in your MTU Account. Near the page top you will see Add to Cart buttons for your product RegCodes with an Upgrade Date that has expired. If you want to install a new version, and its Install Date is later than your RegCode Upgrade Date, you need to order an Upgrade for that RegCode. This extends your Upgrade Date by 12 months. (See our Software Upgrade Policy).
Note: you can continue to use a RegCode to install and run a version you have run before, even after its Upgrade Date has expired.
Emergency Help Ticket