Buy Video Hoster One - 1 Install for $99.99!($50 OFF)
Enter Coupon Code HosterOne13
Video Hoster - 2 Installs for $199.99!($30 OFF)
Enter Coupon Code VHoster2013
KHPro™ 5.01 Software Upgrades
We sincerely Thank You for being our customer!
How To Install the Latest Version
- Version Changes (ex: 5.01) jumps to a section below with all the changes in that version. Note: Installing bug fix versions released following a Major Version is FREE IF you can install the Major Version.
- at the left downloads that Microstudio version installation file.
- Save the file on your computer hard drive.
- Find the file and double click it to run it.
- Release Date shows when each Version was physically available.
- The Install Date for the version you are trying to install is compared to your Upgrade Expire Date from your Account:
- If the Install Date is EARLIER it will install normally.
- If the Install Date is LATER, your browser will display an instruction page to allow you to order an upgrade. As soon as your credit card is approved (usually a few seconds), it will install normally. Your Upgrade Expire Date is extended by 12 months to allow installing future releases within that period.
- Windows Versions shows what Windows version that version will run under.
- User Move - Follow these instructions to remove the installed version so you can install it on another computer (or before upgrading your computer) without needing MTU to free up your RegCode.
|If your Registration Code will install the latest version (see above), order this to ship the latest versions of ALL MTU Software on CDROM (you can also instantly download via the Internet).
| Save the download, then install
||Suggest a New Feature
||5 Ways to get Help
Karaoke Home Producer (KHPro)
|See Version Changes
||Jun 07, 2011
||Jun 07, 2011
||XP, Vista, W7, W8 (32/64bit)
||Aug 19, 2010
||Aug 19, 2010
||XP, Vista, Win7 (32/64bit)
||Sept 29, 2008
||Sept 29, 2008
||XP, Vista (32bit)
5.01 Released June 7, 2011
- NEW - Now Exports MP3+G Format - One you install the Lame_enc.dll you can open .MP3 files, add a Title Page and/or Credits Page, which extends the original audio file length, allows you to add the lyrics in sync, then use the File menu "Export as MP3+G" command to create your new finished Karaoke CDG file.
- NEW - Now Exports WMA+G Format - You can open .WMA files, add a Title Page and/or Credits Page, which extends the original audio file length, allows you to add the lyrics in sync, then use the File menu "Export as WMA+G" command to create your new finished Karaoke CDG file.
- NEW - Added Warning Message - When entering Edit Lyrics with Lyrics already placed, a message appears showing "The lyrics have already been placed. Simple edits can be made without placing the lyrics again." Clicking the More>> button lists the types of edits that can be safely made."
- FIXED - Songs Save Lyrics Out of Sync to Music - The created file plays fine in KHPro, but in Microstudio the lyrics can be one or more lines slow. The cause was found and fixed.
- FIXED - Random Crash in Adjust Lyrics Page - With no word underlined (by clicking outside the words), pressing the Spacebar to play could crash or play as expected. This is fixed.
- FIXED - Editing Last Word In Song - In the Adjust Lyrics screen you can now edit the last word in the song. For example, splitting a single word into 3 phrases with "*", such as changing "Submarine" to "Sub*ma*rine". This is fixed.
- FIXED - KHPro Demo Crashes - The full version didn't crash, but the Demo could. This is fixed.
5.00 Released August 19, 2010
- NEW - Runs on Windows 7 - This version runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- NEW - Open More Audio File Formats - You can now open MP3, WMA, and WAV format files.
- NEW - Output More File Formats - The opened music file type sets the output file type, which can be BIN, or MP3+G, WMA+G, WAV+G (XXX+G do not allow using Title or Credits pages).
- NEW - Open LRC Lyrics Files - The .LRC files contain lyrics on lines in ASCII with a "time-stamp" at the start of each line. Hoster strips the timing data and uses the lyrics only. When a [chorus lyrics] is found with multiple timing data such as: [01:02:003] [02:03:003] [03:23:100], the chorus lyric line is copied and inserted into the song at each timing setting, before the timing data is discarded.
- NEW - ZIP Output File - In the Files menu is a ZIP files together command. When checked, the created files (.MP3+.CDG or .WMA+.CDG) are zipped.
- NEW - Create Duet Songs - You can now create duets where only one singer is singing at a time, or Both sing the same lyrics, or both sing different lyrics at the same time.
- Text Lyrics screen - The Singer 1, 2 and Both buttons background colors can be set in the Settings... dialog Lyrics Tab when Duet is selected. You can assign lines to the Singer colors at any time in any order. Adding "&" at the start of a Singer2 line enables its highlighting to overlap the Singer1 line above, both sweeping together at different rates.
- Place Lyrics screen - All lyrics are tapped in sequentially in one pass. Lines starting with "&" are automatically set to the same Start-End timing in the song as the Singer1 line above.
- Adjust Lyrics screen - After placing the lyrics you can adjust any word that is out of sync, or adjust words on Singer2 lines so they highlight in sync.
- NEW - Set Singer 1, 2 and Both Colors - In the Adjust Lyrics dialog, the Singer 1, 2, and Both buttons show the colors selected in the Settings... Lyrics Tab. Clicking one of these buttons instantly assigns the line that contains the underlined word to that Singer and its color.
- NEW - Vogone Command on Menu Bar - When used to launch Vogone, the default folder in KHPro is set for Vogone so you can easily find and save files into this same folder. Using Vogone you can remove/reduce the vocals in your song, and create a Multiplex song.
- NEW - Create Multiplex Songs - You can place lyrics with music containing vocals, then, when done you can import another music file without the vocals. If that file is a Multiplex file (created by Vogone), then you create a Multiplex CDG song with lyrics.
- CHANGED - Settings Dialog:
- Lyrics Tab - Changes were made that simplify and automate prior functions, and added Solo-Duet buttons and color pickers for Singer2 and Both when Duet is selected. If you select a graphic image the screen automatically divides in half with the graphic on the top and the lyrics on the bottom. Lines: values change to 1,2 and 3 if you select a graphic image, or up to 6 without an image.
- Title + Credits Tabs - Changes were made that simplify prior functions. If the open music file is an MP3 or WMA compressed file, if you enable either of these pages you can only export the produced CDG song as a BIN file.
- NEW - Automatic Check for Updates - When KHPro first runs and the computer is on-line, it automatically checks to see if 7 days have passed since the last access to the MTU web site. If under 7 days, it won't check now. If more than 7 days, it checks for a new release. This does not delay the program running. The message box that appears has a "Hide this message for version NNN.N" checkbox where NNN.N is the new version number. If clicked, the message for the version being reported does not appear again. When a new version is released later than this one, the message appears with text explaining this new version's features. Three messages can appear.
- CHANGED - Help Menu Check for Updates - Clicking this with the computer on-line immediately checks to see if a new version is released. A progress meter shows the steps advancing to the final message.
- REMOVED - "Screen" from Buttons at the Bottom - "Screen" didn't aid in understanding and made the buttons confusing. They are now: Edit Lyrics, Place Lyrics, Adjust Lyrics, Play Final.
- REMOVED - View Menu - The 4 Screen buttons are now available at the bottom, with one-button click to display that screen. It was not instantly clear which screen you were in. Now, the current Screen's button shows a green background.
- New - KPR Project File Format - Opening a pre-existing KPR project automatically imports and converts it into the new format. A new area was added to the end of the existing project to allow for; Solo/Duet mode, Singer2 color, Both color, Version# of this KPR format, and room for future changes.
- UPGRADED - Migrate Projects from the Previous Version - Older (4.xx) projects can be opened and will migrate to the new 5.00 level. Some options will be set to their default values. Any project older than 4.xx will be rejected.
- FIXED - Audition Play - In version 4.11, Audition only played the "Defined Area" and stopped. It now plays through the song from the start or from any word you click to start playing from. When you see a word highlighting too early or late, press the Spacebar to stop play and select that word (shows underlined).
- FIXED - "Adjust Play" - In v4.11, Adjust Play didn't change the underlined word(s) timing when < or > were tapped. You can now again adjust the highlight start or end.
4.11 Released September 29, 2008
- NEW - Allow Moving KHPro To Another Computer - With the computer running KHPro on-line to the Internet, run the installation program, select REMOVE, and continue to the "Finish" button. This will remove KHPro from this computer, and free it up at the MTU Registration database to install on a different computer.
- CHANGED - Added Improved View Registration Code Command - This command now shows the CPU Name of this computer so you can tell MTU Support if you need help so we can identify the computer.
4.107 Released August 29, 2007
- NEW - Progress Bars on Export File - You can now see the progress as the file is being created on the hard drive.
- NEW - Menu Bar Manual Command - We are making this change in all MTU programs to insure everyone can find and use the Manual. The Read Manual command was removed from under the Help menu.
- FIXED - Running KHPro From Microstudio 4.001 - KHPro would run from the Desktop Icon, but not from the KHPro menu item in Microstudio 4.001. This is fixed.
4.106 Released March 7, 2007
- CHANGED - Runs with Windows Vista and New Laptop Computers - We needed to upgrade the Installation program to run with Vista. All is reported working fine.
4.105 Released August 3, 2006
- NEW - Export to KMA... command - This new command allows exporting KMA format flies to use in Hoster, Hoster Lite, and Microstudio 3.000. These files take about one-tenth the size of .BIN files due to using WMA 128Kb compression on the audio in the file, which sounds great even with 3,000 watt speakers. The lyrics and graphics are embedded with the audio in the single KMA file. A dialog allows adding the Title and Artist names. An Advanced dialog also allows adding Brand, DiscID, Track, BookID Root, Language and Genre, using the dropdown lists provided from our Hoster Import Database for these items. Track and BookID Root automatically increment always. You can enter any BookID and Track number you want, up to 3 digits and 2 digits for Track, and the next exported KMA song will increment these (BookID Root only increments when Track is 99 and rolls back to 1).
- CHANGED - Export to BIN... Command - This was earlier titled Export to CDG. The MTU CDG file format has been discontinued because of conflicts with MP3+G with its .mp3 + .cdg files. We now fully support the standard BIN format, which is identical to the MTU CDG file format, but known and useable by other programs, including Microstudio.
- CHANGED - Adjust Loop Play - Loop play is now always enabled because it makes it easier to adjust the lyric highlighting. Its check box is gone.
- CHANGED - Adjust Lyrics Screen - We made this feature easier to understand and use. The Advanced button is now called Define Area to Play, and has more instructions and graphics.
- CHANGED - Check For Updates - We changed the command name and the URL to http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/khpro.htm to be compatible with improvements we are making at our web site for downloading.
- NEW - Auto-Fillin Registration Data - All MTU products now remember your Registration Code and Email, and share the common registration data so you only have to enter it once for all programs.
- CHANGED - Install Error Messages - Various error messages now can appear from our web scripts to guide you if something is wrong while registering. Also, in 4.103 and prior, if you entered the wrong Registration email address, it would show "Your Internet connection...", which was the wrong message. The correct message now appears. This has greatly simplified installation for everyone, reducing the need to contact MTU or our Forums for help.
- CHANGED - Security Registration - Our latest security now allows more flexibility to upgrade your computer and have KHPro still run within registering again.
- CHANGED - Runs Only on Windows 2000 or XP - Due to the newer features added that require the newest Windows direct-x versions, 4.105 and higher only run on Windows 2000 or XP Home/Pro because Microsoft did not make these new features available in ME or 98SE.
- CHANGED - Removes Prior Versions - The new installation program now removes all prior KHP and KHPro versions from 1.000 to 4.103, then installs the new 4.105 version.
- CHANGED - Version is now 4.105.
4.103 Released December 17, 2003
- Note - With version 4.103, Karaoke Pro 4.xxx series has been renamed back to Karaoke Home Producer for MTU reasons.
- CHANGED - Installation Program with Registration Code - We have upgraded our installation program to be easier to install with our new Web based registration. It requires the installing computer either be connected to the Internet, or have a floppy drive. if the computer is not Internet connected, the installation automatically allows you to create a floppy disc (removed in later versions) to complete the registration on a second computer connected to the Internet. You then install the registered floppy disc back to the first computer to complete installing KHP on it.
- CHANGED - Does Not Use Ethernet Card for Security - We replaced the 4.008 serial number with our new Registration Code security that makes installation and running easier and more flexible. This greatly simplifies the installation. Those who are using a USB Network card to run 4.008 on multiple computers, one at a time, will no longer be able to do this. However, KHP 4.103 can install on two computers that you own.
4.008 Released February 14, 2003
- NOTE: With version 4.008, Karaoke Home Producer was renamed to Karaoke Pro.
- NEW - Adjust Lyrics Screen - This new screen allows you to adjust the synchronization placement of each lyric word to the music so it is perfect to your eyes. This screen is accessed by the Adjust Lyrics button.
- NEW - Edit Lyrics Screen - This screen allows you to edit the lyrics after you have placed the words to the music so they highlight in sync. This is a MAJOR upgrade added in 4.008.
- NEW - Unicode 2-byte TrueType Font Support - KPro 4.0 allows any 1-byte (normal) or 2-byte Unicode (Japanese, Taiwan, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, etc.) font.
- NEW - Menu commands - We have added a Menu bar at the top of the screen. Each Menu holds executable commands or selectable options. Some of these were separate buttons in version 3.100 and earlier.
- NEW - Create, Save, Restore, Edit Projects - Everything for a song stores in a .kpr project file. This includes settings, the edited Lyrics, and the synchronization placement to the music. Saved projects can be opened to adjust and edit at any time, then create a new version of the CDG song.
- Ease of Use - MTU is known for our easy to use software. KHP 4.008 is even easier to use than KHP 3.100 was, yet has more editing and other new features. We are the leader in Karaoke software and have 34 years proven experience in listening to our users, making our products easy to understand and use, developing over 130 products, and making the software work correctly. We have been working on KPro for years now and the next upgrade will be unequalled and keep the competition out in the cold... where they have been in relation to our superior products.
3.100 Released June 26, 2002
- NEW - Translate Graphic Image Colors - The colors in an imported graphic image are changed to the closest CDG Karaoke Player colors so they will appear correctly in your CDG Karaoke songs.
- NEW - Color Dithering of Graphic Images - When a graphic image has more than 10 colors, it can now be dithered down to 10 in a way that makes the image still look very much like the original, which it did not in 3.010.
- NEW - Import BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG Image Files - More graphic formats have been added that you can import into the Title, Lyrics or Credits areas.
- NEW - Totally Rewritten Player Code - The play routines from Microstudio, Karaoke Pro, and Karaoke Home Producer have been totally overhauled and all known problems removed.
- NEW - Checking in Place Lyrics Button - In 3.010 if you had placed the lyrics and accidentally clicked the Place Lyrics button again, you would instantly undo the entire song. Now, if one ormore words have been placed to the music, a message box appears when you click the Place Lyrics button, with instructions to cancel or continue and redo the song from the start.
- UPGRADED - Manual - Some of the text discussions were rewritten to make them clearer. If one user has a problem, we rewrite that area based on the question that was asked, or to add the new information that we know but was missing from the manual.
3.010 Released May 6, 2002
- STANDARD IN ALL KHP VERSIONS - Professional, variable speed sweep highlighting will continue to give the same appearence that Karaoke Home Producer 2.009 and Karaoke Pro deliver. The speed of highlighting through each word (even syllables within words can vary), changes and pauses to guide the singer when they are to sing or pause.
- NEW - You can now add a Title Page and/or a Credit Page with a graphic image and multiple lines of text. It does not get any easier than this. No more needing to use third party programs to struggle to add Title and Credit Pages to your CDG songs.
- NEW - You can add multiple text lines in the Title and Credits Pages with or without an image present. You can select the font, colors and bold/italic/shadow attributes, different from the lyric text area. Text vertical alignment can be Top, Center or Bottom, and horizontal alignment can be Left, Center or Right. The text over-writes a graphic if present.
- NEW - When a Title Page is used, the music and lyrics automatically delay so the graphics, draw transition in/out selections, and Display for: setting have time to merge perfectly, so the lyrics appear before they need to sweep or sing.
- NEW - You can now add a graphic image in the lyrics area. The area of the screen can be selected to show only lyrics, or a graphics image at the top half with up to 3 lyric lines sweeping below it.
- NEW - Insert "clear screen" commands using the "^" character to end the current page, and make the lyrics below appear on the next page, instead of continuously being replaced.
- NEW - If a graphic image is too big, it auto-scales to fit the CDG format.
- NEW - Graphic images automatically reduce to 10 colors to allow selecting separate colors for the lyrics, shadow, highlighting, border, background, etc.
- NEW - You can now change all Setting controls after placing the lyric words. This includes the number of lines, font, point size, colors and graphics. The changes appear the next time you play or export the CDG file.
- NEW - When you import the Lyrics .txt file, the font it appears in the Text Edit Window is now what is selected in the Change Settings button Lyrics Tab Font: field. This makes working with special fonts much easier.
- NEW - Vastly improved the Play Window drawing speed. This should remove any lagging that was seen in this window in all earlier versions.
- NEW - A new Display for: field in the Title and Credit Pages allows setting how long the graphic image will display after it is fully drawn.
- NEW - The manual now appears in your default Internet Browser, no longer using the Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing.
- NEW - You can now enter part of the lyrics and play to see what they look like. You still must enter the lyrics in one pass as there is no editing. This makes it much easier to learn and create songs.
- NEW - When placing lyrics, the word to be placed is underlined. When a word is placed it turns to the sweep color and the next word is underlined.
- NEW - A default time of two seconds was added to the last word in case the Ctrl button is not pressed to end the highlighting.
- NEW - The graphics and audio default directory is persistent (appears the next time).
- NEW - The sweep highlighting changes all the character dots in TrueType fonts. Before some dots were not changed.
- NEW - Some Karaoke Players appear to not like a rare color combination, and do not display the lyrics when it exists. This is now prevented without users being aware of the change, without any restrictions.
- NEW - The vertical alignment is selectable for the Title and Credits Page graphic images to be the Top, Center or Bottom of the display.
- NEW - The Settings are both session and power up persistent (they remain what you set them to until you change them).
- NEW - The Minimize Icon at the upper right corner of the KHP screen.
- CHANGED - New Serial Numbers are required as the Serial Number used for Karaoke Home Producer 2.009 will not install 3.000. We debated about doing this, but with the Internet theft that occurs every day, we chose to be wise and not foolish. Our primary goal is to always remain in business so we can support our valued clients. If you disagree with this policy, we are sorry, but please do not contact us. This is our policy.
- UPGRADED - two extra lines at the end of a song are no longer required for the last lines to sweep correctly.
- UPGRADED - When a monaural wave file was opened the music played double speed. It now checks the file to open and if it is monaural it is not allowed to be opened.
- FIXED - While placing lyrics, pressing the Enter key twice would close the window with the song playing. The Enter key was disabled and the Home key was added as the Start button hot key.
- FIXED - Blank lines are automatically placed, no longer requiring you to tap the spacebar to place them.
- FIXED - The first line at the top of a page could end up showing black characters (not the selected font color) until the sweep comes. There was a bug in the drawing logic used to determine when to erase old lines and draw new ones.
- FIXED - The Preview window in the Change Settings Title Page and Credits Page dialog boxes now repaints properly under all conditions.
- FIXED - The first character on the first line sometimes not drawing fully is fixed.
- FIXED - The Title page graphics were drawing too fast in the exported CDG file.
- FIXED - The Title page border was not drawing automatically in the Settings command Preview box.
- FIXED - The Settings command Title page graphics Preview button draws the graphics correctly now.
- UPGRADED - The Advance Sweep command now makes the lyrics draw earlier from where they were entered with the Spacebar key.
- UPGRADED - The Check MTU Site button now launches your default Internet Browser and accesses the upgrades page.
- UPDATED - Only in Windows 98SE, when a graphic image is selected in the Title Page, you can only select colors that are found in the graphic image for the Text, Shadow, Border and Background.
- REMOVED - We removed the "Transparency" option in the Change Settings dialog box for Title Page and Credits Page, in the Border and Background color picker.
- REMOVED - We removed the "Sweep immediately" option from the Change Settings Lyrics Tab dialog.
- REMOVED - Regretfully had to revert to prior code that still only runs in 16-bit mode. Next release will run in 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit video modes. However, some video cards will not support 24-bit mode running fast enough to use. Thus, it is recommended you run in 16-bit or 32-bit video mode.
2.009 Released 10/06/01
- FIXED - The font, point size, colors, etc. settings could be changed, but they did not modify the lyrics. This was fixed.
2.008 Released 08/01/01
- Bugs - The release failed due to bugs. We will test again and release when we can. In the mean time, Karaoke Home Producer V1.115 is available.
- Added Read Manual Button - The manual has been written and is now installed with the program. It is in Adobe Acrobat format. Clicking this button opens the manual so you can read it. When you have both KH Producer and Acrobat Read with the manual open, you can press and hold the Alt key and press the Tab key to toggle between which is currently displayed.
Changes in 2.007 From 2.006
Beta Released 07/26/01
- FIXED - Crashing - Version 2.006 exhibited problems that should now be fixed.
- CHANGED - Settings Dialog Box Preview Window - The preview window now shows the text font, color, sweep color, number of lines, left-center-right alignment, text shadow color, etc. when they are changed.
- NEW - Sweep Text or Background - YOu can now select to have the sweep highlight the text letters or the background behind the letters.
- NEW - Sweep Offset - This is set to 0.20 seconds (can be changed) to automatically have the lyrics start sweep highlighting earlier than a user tapped the spacebar for each word. This removes the user's response time which is always slightly behind the music, plus it make the sweeping happen early so the singer has time to respond in sync.
- CHANGED - Instructions Window Removed - The earlier instructions window that showed the steps to create a song has been removed. There is now a manual with more details and graphic images showing what to do for each step.
- CHANGED - Main Windows Expanded - The main window is now the full area. It shows; the Lyrics while entering and editing, the Lyrics Placement while syncing to the music, and the Preview while playing your song. The Place Lyrics buttons appear when needed in a window that floats above the image.
Changes in 2.006 From 2.001
Beta Released 07/17/01
- FIXED - Settings file on hard drive failed to update. This file is modified by the Change Settings command. We fixed the command in 2.001, but the file was not replaced, thus the corruption was still at work. This is now fixed.
- CHANGED - Installation Program - The install program was not creating the uninstall program to remove all components. This has been upgraded. Uninstalling this version (and future ones) should remove all installed components.
- CHANGED - Change Settings... Dialog Box was completely redone to allow for future upgrades.
Changes in 2.001 From 2.000
Beta Released 07/07/01
- FIXED - Change Settings... Dialog Box Failed. This command created a corrupt settings file. This has been fixed.
- CHANGED - Settings Now Read With Place Lyrics Button to allow the new setting changes to take effect.
- CHANGED - Desktop Icon is now created, but the graphic image needs to be upgraded.
- CHANGED - Change Settings... Dialog Box was made easier to understand and use.
Changes in 2.000 From 1.115
Beta Released 06/25/01
- NEW - Change Settings... Command to allow users to change the following parameters:
- NEW - Colors - Lyrics, Cursor (shows which word to place next while placing lyrics), background, border
- NEW - Fonts - TrueType font, point size, bold, italic, outline
- NEW - Text Style - Regular, bold, italic, bold-italic, outline, bold-outline, italic-outline, bold-italic-outline
- NEW - Number of Lines - display 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 lines per page
- NEW - Text Alignment - left aligned, centered, right aligned
- NEW - Offset - this allows you to make all your text lines and the sweeping bar appear sooner than you tapped it in sync to the music. You can enter up to 9.999 seconds, but a typical setting that works is between 0.020 and 0.100 seconds.
- NEW - Save Presets allows you to create, save and call up at any time as many different presets as you wish, or use the defaults provided.
Changes in 1.115 from 1.015
Beta Released 01/29/01
Uses Microstudio 2.0 or higher, and runs under Windows 98.
Changes in 1.015 from 1.000
Beta Released 01/11/01
Uses Microstudio 2.0 or higher, and runs under Windows 98.
Initial Release 08/31/00
Uses Microstudio 2.0 or higher, and runs under Windows 98. This was converted from our Professional Karaoke Pro Workstation code.
| | | |
Registered marks of Micro Technology Unlimited: Hoster, Microstudio, Vogone, Songverter
Trademarks of Micro Technology Unlimited: MTU, Karaoke Pro, KPro, KHPro, Karaoke Home Producer, DNoise, Keyrite, MicroCD, Microeditor, Microsound
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.
Copyright© 2000-2013 by Micro Technology Unlimited